Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers



Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers



Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, August 17, 2007

Cousin Camp


I am now going to take the time to post about our trip to South Carolina for Cousin Camp. We were there from July 1st to the 3rd.
This is a very near and dear post for me. You see, Nonnie and De-Dah are so very special to me. Nonnie (the one holding her blue purse sitting on the end of the front row) and my grandmother, Baca, were first cousins and best friends. They had a very special relationship and were raised as sisters. When Baca passed away, Nonnie took me in as one of hers. She is so very special to me!
Now back to what is cousin camp. Cousin Camp was formed when Nonnie and De-Dah's four children starting having children of their own. Their rule is: as long as you are potty trained you can stay as long as you like.

Back when the kids were younger and I wasn't married, I started to help with cousin camp. When I met Chris, he started helping with the camp. Now that we are married with children, we attend cousin camp. It really is a great thing!
When their grandkids were younger, it was a week long event. The parents would "drop off" their kids on Sunday and "pick up" on Saturday. What a treat to have a whole weeks vacation!
Nonnie would have the entire week planned out! She had prepared every meal, trip, nap, everything down to the last detail. Now that her real grandchildren are much older, the week has become two or three days and the trips are for the older ones. It is hard to plan cousin camp when the children have a hundred other camps to attend. Nevertheless, we had a blast driving to West Columbia, SC and being surrounded in love. It has been awesome to watch the children grow and embrace my children.

No comments: